Head Lice Treatment and Screenings
One and Done Heat Treatment
Be Done with Head Lice Today!
AirAllé™ heated air technology zaps lice and nits immediately!
- This FDA-cleared medical device kills lice and 99.2% of eggs/nits on day one!
- The service includes a detailed comb-out to remove dead lice and nits.
- $175 per individual.
- One complimentary recheck in 5-10 days at our treatment center for the individuals treated with the AirAllé™
- 30 day extended warranty (See warranty details) if all family members in the household are screened and treated by Lice Busters St. Louis. See warranty details...
- There may be an additional service charge for very long hair, very thick hair, or severe infestations that require over 1.5 hours of combing.
- Head lice screenings for additional family members are $15 per head when completed on the day of initial treatment.
Professional Head Lice Comb-Out Treatment
For our clients who do not qualify for the heat application, we offer comb-outs and a non-toxic lice killing treatment.
- Traditional treatment combines our expert combing techniques and tools with an excellent non-toxic lice-killing product.
- This can be an inexpensive option for those who have light cases or short hair.
- $120 per hour (charged $30 per 15 minute increments).
- Requires a second treatment 7 days later.
Head Lice Screenings
Are you worried that you or your child have lice?
Don't wait, we can tell you with a quick 5-15 minute appointment.
- $25 for first person in the household and $15 for additional family members within the same household.
- Fee is waived for an individual if lice is identified and treatment is elected.
What Do I Do Now?
Planning Your Visit
Everyone in the household should arrive with clean, brushed hair with no hairspray or other products in the hair to make it easy to comb.
Plan your drive to the salon: 7923 Big Bend Blvd. Webster Groves, MO 63119
Parking and entrance is in the back of the building.
If you can, please print and complete this registration form (this can also be done at the salon).
Cleaning Your House
First, don’t panic. These bugs infest hair, and not houses.
Wash used bedding, towels, and clothing and dry on a high heat setting.
Take used hair brushes, remove any hair, and wash with warm, soapy water.
After treatment, be sure that everyone is sleeping on fresh bedding.
It's Midnight ... What Do I Do?
First, don’t panic.
When you discover lice, it’s likely that you have been living with it for a while. It won’t hurt you or cause any medical issue.
Our shop is closed right now, but go ahead and call us at 314.329.5423 and leave a message with your name and number, explain your situation, how many family members need to come in, and the times to you have available tomorrow.
We will call you back first thing in the morning and everything will be taken care of.
We understand it may be emotional or uncomfortable right now, but don’t try to solve this problem in the middle of the night.
Put the kids to bed and get some sleep! Your problem will be solved tomorrow!
Our Commitment to Your Success
Lice Busters is committed to ensuring your success with head lice treatment.
For clients who receive the heated air head lice treatment and full comb-out, if active head lice are found on the client upon their return visit, which must be within 5-10 days of the initial treatment, then Lice Busters will re-treat at no cost. Treatment type will be based on Lice Busters discretion. Lice Busters will also schedule a 2nd complimentary follow-up appointment within 5-7 days.
We offer an extended warranty for 30 days from the initial treatment for clients who receive the heated air head lice treatment and a full comb-out. Qualifications for the warranty are that:
- All family members in the household (or both households if client lives in two households) are screened by Lice Busters St. Louis.
- All individuals positive for head lice are treated by Lice Busters St Louis.
- Affected clients return for their complimentary re-checks (if heat elected) or second combing treatments within 7-9 days of initial treatment.
Nit Removal - 'I Just Need Help Getting Nits Out'
Sometimes stubborn nits are still left over after home lice treatments. We can quickly and efficiently remove the nits for you.
- Thorough and detailed professional comb-out to remove all traces of lice.
- $120 per hour (charged $30 per 15 minute increments).
- Average head takes under an hour, although length of hair, thickness of hair and amount of nits can extend or reduce combing time.
Covid-19 Safety Protocols
The health and safety of our clients and employees is our number one concern. During this time, we will be working under strict safety protocols. We appreciate your flexibility and understanding during this time.
For Our Lice Busters Team and Shop:
- Employees will not come to work if they have any signs of illness or if anyone in their home is sick.
- Employees will have a temperature check prior to their shift.
- Lice Busters will implement even more stringent cleanings.
- Employees will wear a fresh set of gloves for each family member.
- Employees will sanitize all surfaces of the shop including doors knobs, bathrooms and iPads between families.
- Employees will wear masks at all times inside the shop.
- Employees will maintain as much social distance from clients and other employees as possible while working.
For Our Clients:
- We will require that we only have 2 families in our shop at one time. Each family will have a designated room of their own.
- Clients will be required to have a no-touch temperature check prior to service.
- Clients must wear masks when inside Lice Busters.
- All clients must answer a short health questionnaire prior to service.
- Clients must maintain appropriate social distance as much as possible during service.
- When possible, additional family members should wait outside on our deck or patio or in their vehicles.